Career Fair comes to Narragansett

Back to Article
Back to Article

Career Fair comes to Narragansett

TRINITY O'NEILL, REPORTER

On April 24, 2019, the sophomores, participated in a Career Fair in the cafeteria, to learn about different careers.

The Career Fair was designed to help expand the sophomores knowledge of different careers and Ms. Manchester, guidance, wanted to give the sophomores an opportunity to begin to think about their post-high school life.

“The career I wanted to go into was at the career fair, so I got to learn more about the options of the field I want to go into,” Shelby Lefoley, sophomore, said.

At the Career Fair, there were numerous professions that set up booths. These booths had information on specific jobs and a volunteer with someone who makes a living off of the particular career.

The students spent an hour long at the event. The sophomores walked around to the booths and asked questions to the volunteers. These volunteers told the students about their job and the sequence of a regular work day.

“Practicing interpersonal skills and the student’s skills of interacting, questioning, gathering information, and meeting new people is crucial. That is a life skill,” Ms. Manchester, guidance, said.

The students involved in the career fair were split into two groups. The first group went down to the cafeteria at 8:30 A.M.. The second group following at 9:30 A.M.

The Career Fair was designed to help expand the sophomores knowledge of different careers and Ms. Manchester wanted to give the Sophomores an opportunity to begin to think about their post-high school life

“Sometimes kids will go into the career fair, they want to talk to someone because they are convinced they are going to go into that career, and then realize that is not the career for them,” Ms. Manchester, guidance, said.

Some of the jobs that were at the career fair was a National Guard member, firefighter, pharmacist, oceanographer, and many more careers that covered many of potential interests.